Comodo One. Configuring C1 Portal
- C1 MSP/Enterprise version comparison
- How to check unified notifications in C1 portal
- How “Two factor authentication” features works in C1 portal
- How to clone an existing role
- How to perform quick actions from C1 portal
C1 MSP/Enterprise version comparison
C1 is the integrated platform for Managed Service Providers and Enterprises:
- MSP is for companies who manage the IT infrastructure, security and operations of their clients.
- Enterprise is for companies to manage their own IT infrastructure, security and operations
These two business types mostly share same features except the following:
“Reseller Partnership, RMM Plug-in, Standalone Patch Management, cDome Firewall, cDome Data Protection, cDome Antispam Gateway”.
Note : While creating an account the user need to choose the type (business ) of the account. For more details on the business type, please refer the “Compare Business Type” link available in the “Set Up Account Details” Page.
How to check unified notifications in C1 portal
System or User Notifications are received through C1 Portal which covers for all Licensed Applications and News or Announcements from Comodo. All type of notifications are received here such as Error, Information,Warning and Success. Some additional useful options are available that helps user to find the notifications easily using filters, searches and sorting on the appropriate page.
Step 1: Log into C1 Portal and click ‘Notification’ icon
Step 2: Check whether the two tabs are there. Such as ‘News’ and ‘Notifications’.
1. News -The default tab and it has only the product updates or general announcements
2. Notifications – All kind of notification such as Information, Success, Warning and Error for Service Desk, Patch Management, ITSM and All Licensed Applications and especially the messages are unified and centralized from Comodo ONE Portal
Step 3: Right-click side arrow icon to display message content.
Step 4: Read the message content then click down side arrow if you would like to hide the message content.
- From the News tab
- From the Notifications tab
Step 5: Options.
When the message title in “Bold Letter”, Users have to read the message otherwise user had read the message.
Search the news if you have a lot of announcements in the table.
Search Option at News Tab
Search Option at Notification Tab
Use the link where in ‘Subject’ column to check the appropriate application page for the relevant notification – which is available only for ‘Notifications’ tab.
- Click the link from ‘Subject’ column
- Check the message that where it was generated from by the link and connected pages – screenshots are given below:
User can sort the order of the notifications based on every column of the table which helps the users to find notification easily
User also can filter the ‘Notifications’ using the form appears after clicking ‘Filter’ icon
Fill the form and click ‘Apply’ button. Any field of the form can be applied.
You can filter the notifications for specific applications or all applications.
Check the result once you have applied the filter,
Licensed Applications: All
Received From: System
How “Two factor authentication” features works in C1 portal?
Two-factor authentication feature in C1 prevents unauthorized users and hackers to access C1 modules.
In addition to regular login credentials, the second authentication process enhances login security for the account.
Once Two-Factor Authentication is enabled, all C1 portal users including account admin should follow “Two factor authentication” protocol to login to C1.
It uses Google authentication app to generate user verification code in addition to their respective login password.
All users are allowed to login from individual module login page without “Two-Factor Authentication”.
Please refer below sections to get complete details on “Two factor authentication”:
- Enable, configure and logging into C1 portal using Two Factor Authentication
- Login C1 portal without “Google authenticator” app (without smartphone)
- Reset Two Factor configuration of staff account in C1 portal
Enable, configure and login C1 portal using “Two Factor Authentication”
Step 1: Login C1 portal (one.comodo.com) using your regular account admin credentials.
Step 2: Click ‘Management ‘ button in the top. Now click ‘Account’ button from the drop-down.
Step 3: Navigate to “Account Security Details’ tab.
Step 4: Select checkbox associated with ‘Enable’ button to enable two factor authentication.
Step 5: Click ‘Save Changes’ button in the bottom of the window to activate your change. When ‘Save Changes’ button is clicked, a pop-up window will appear with ‘Configure Later’ and ‘OK’ options. Please select any of the options as mentioned below,
- 1. ‘Configure Later’ – Click this button if you like to configure ‘Two Factor Authentication’ on your next login of C1 portal.
- 2. ‘OK’ – Click this button if you like to log out of C1 portal and configure Two Factor Authentication’ settings now.
Step 6: Two-Factor Authentication window will appears when you try to login C1 portal after “Two-Factor Authentication” is enabled by account admin as explained in Step 4.
- Click ‘CONFIGURE MY AUTHENTICATOR’ button on this new window
Step 7: Configure Two Factor Authentication as shown in the screenshot.
- 1: Download and install “Google Authenticator” app for your smartphone. “Google Authenticator” app support is available for both Android and iOS mobile operating system.
- i) Click “Google Play” icon to view and install “Google Authenticator” app for android smartphone. For illustration purpose “Two Factor Authentication” has been explained using android app further.
- ii. Click “App Store” icon to view and install “Google Authenticator” app for iOS smartphone.
- 2. Scan QR-code displaying in C1 web portal by newly installed Google Authenticator app from your smartphone. To do so, please follow below steps,
- i. Install “Google Authenticator” app inyour smartphone.
- ii. Tab ‘Begin’ button in “Google Authenticator” app of your smartphone.
- 3. Tab ‘Scan a bar code’ option and try to scan QR code displaying in the C1 webportal. Please provide necessary permission to “Google Authenticator” app to scan QR code.
- If you are unable to scan QR code using the app due to any technical difficulties,
- 1. Tab “Enter product key” in app from your smartphone.
- 2. Expand ‘I can’t scan QR-code’ option.
- 3. Enter the account email address and token key available from C1 web portal to the app.
- 4. Tab ‘ADD’ button.
- 4. After successful QR code scanning or Token key being entered, verification code will be displayed in the mobile app. Now enter this verification code in C1portal as illustrated in screenshots.
- 5. Click ‘Pair’ button in the C1 web portal to sync app with C1 web portal authentication for your account.
- 6. After pairing completed, 10 backup codes will be displayed in C1portal .These backup codes also sent to account email address. Backup codes are used to login account when unavailability of smartphone access during ‘Two Factor Authentication” login.
- Note: Backup codes can be used one time. When all backup codes expired, account user should request account admin to reset “Two Factor Authentication” configuration settings.
- 7. Click ‘Next’ to complete “Two Factor authentication” setup and proceed to account access.
Step 8: To login C1 web portal using “Two Factor authentication” please follow below steps,
- 1. Login C1 portal using regular account credentials.
- 2. After regular login,Two-Factor Authentication window appears and asking account user to enter verification code.
- 3. Open “Google Authenticator” app from smartphone. It will generate new verification code within 30 seconds.
- 4. Enter new verification inC1 webportal.
- 5. Click “Submit” button to complete C1 web portal login using “Two-Factor Authentication”.
Login C1 portal without “Google authenticator” app (without smartphone)
There are cases where account user losses smartphone or unable to access smartphone during “Two Factor Authentication” login. In thatcasesC1 portal accepts backup codes which was sent to email during “Two Factor authentication” setup. Please follow below steps to login C1 portal using backup codes,
Step 1 : Login C1 portal using regular account credentials.
Step 2: After regular login,Two-Factor Authentication window appears and asking account user to enter verification code.
Step 3: Click “Authenticator unreachable” button in the bottom.
Step 4: Enter any of the backup codes available. Backup codes are valid for one time. i.e. once used, same backup code cannot be used for next login.
Step 5: Click “Submit” button to complete C1 web portal login using “Two-Factor Authentication”.
Reset Two Factor configuration of a Staff account in C1 portal
Account admin can reset “Two Factor Authentication” settings for other staff as well as his/her own account. This will be helpful when all 10 backup codes were expired. Resetting “Two Factor configuration” will not disable two factor authentication for staff account instead C1 portal will ask account user to configure “Two Factor Authentication” again. Please follow below steps to reset “Two Factor configuration” for staff account.
Step 1: Login C1 portal (one.comodo.com) using your regular account admin credentials
Step 2: Click ‘Staff Management ‘ button in the top. Now click ‘Staff’ button from the drop down option available.
Step 3: To reset “Two Factor Authentication” settings,
- 1. Select Staff account.
- 2. Click “Reset Two-Factor Authentication” button in the top.
- 3. Click “OK” button in the immediate pop-up window to confirm reset.
- 4. Alert window appears after successful reset.
Step 4: Two-Factor Authentication window will appears to configure again. Click “CONFIGURE MY AUTHENTICATOR’ button and proceed further as explained earlier.
Step 5: Two-Factor Authentication window will appears to configure again. Click “CONFIGURE MY AUTHENTICATOR’ button and proceed further as explained earlier.
How to clone an existing role
Step 1: Login to C1 Portal
Step 2: Click the ‘Staff’ icon and select the ‘Role’ then click ‘Clone Role’ icon.
Step 3: Enter the Name and Definition, and click ‘Save’ icon
Reset to Default – restores options to be initial stage (default)
Enable All – Checks all rights
Disable All – Unchecks all rights
Expand All – Expand all collapsed rights
Collapse All – Collapse all expanded rights
Save – Stores the record
Step 4: Once the ‘Save’ icon is clicked then the Alert is prompted for Confirmation. Click ‘OK’ button
Check whether the role is presented on the ‘Roles’ table.
How to perform quick actions from C1 portal
Quick Actions menu is added to the top menu bar of Comodo One as well. No matter in which module you are working in, now you can easily reach and use your most used functionalities.
Step 1: Go to Comodo One Portal and Log in then Click ‘Quick Actions’ drop down icon
Step 2: Select the desired shortcut link from the ‘Quick Actions’ list
For Example, I would like to add new device quickly without launching the ITSM and navigating further.
Hence I select ‘Add New Device’
The ‘Add New Device’ page opens in a new tab. Please ensure as like the picture below.
Note: From anywhere in the Comodo One Portal we can get the access to ‘Quick Actions’.