Symantec announced it is selling its website certification business to Digicert. Symantec customers and partners now may face potential uncertainty with the types of products, capabilities, and support they will receive during a transition. In sharp contrast to this potential scenario for Symantec customers and channel partners, here at Comodo, things are going full speed ahead. We are getting rewarded for our innovation and sustained investments in technology, capacity, and support resources, and stand ready to onboard customers and channel partners looking to avoid potential disruption.
Our customers and market success provide the strongest testimony to our achievements. Today, Comodo is the industry’s leading SSL certificate authority worldwide, with an industry leading market share of 41 percent, and is used by 15 percent of all SSL websites, according to research from W3Techs.
Our momentum is accelerating, as increasingly, customers, enterprises and channel partners look to Comodo for the latest in certificate management technology, better support and more reliable and cost-effective solutions. For our partners there are new ways to grow their managed security services business. We have the innovation, security platform and love working with our channel partners to assist them in delivering quality security products to their customers.
Some recent market highlights we announced recently:
- Seven former Symantec and Verisign SSL certificate industry veterans and leaders have now joined the company to spearhead worldwide channel and global business development initiatives. This team brings more than 80 years of experience to Comodo (Read full news release)
- Many channel partners worldwide such as Trustico, Servertastic, GeoCerts, Internet.bs, TrustCert (e-Safer), and others not yet announced have newly established strategic partnerships with Comodo
- An initiative to accelerate IoT security programs, headed by a former Symantec/Verisign veteran
- A competitive upgrade program that provides an equivalent certificate with one year free for all existing Symantec, Thawte and GeoTrust certificates
- Comodo has created an online website certificate assessment tool to evaluate if a website is affected by issues with Symantec certificates and explore options
- Starting today any Symantec enterprise or partner can contact us and we will offer an inventory replacement program to assist and help you.
- We’ve introduced cWatch Web our newest fully-managed security service for websites, to expand value beyond SSL certificates and create business opportunities for channel partners. cWatch provides continuous web server, database and application monitoring with operating system and environmental logging and control – detecting threats before they affect customers’ websites, databases and critical web applications
It is still to be determined is how this transaction will impact the latest decision from Google to potentially distrust Symantec SSL certificates starting in October 2018, stemming from an investigation into Symantec’s SSL issuance practices started by Google and Mozilla engineers.
Enterprise IT teams owning Symantec, Thawte and GeoTrust certificates, or using the Symantec MPKI platform, can contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1-855-478-7740 or click here to get more information on the Comodo upgrade program.
Companies that have previously purchased a Symantec certificate from a Webhost or Domain Name Registrar should contact their current provider, who may be able to offer a replacement Comodo certificate.
More information about Comodo’s certificate issuance and management services is available online.TEST YOUR EMAIL SECURITY