Learn about Zero Trust Architecture
Impenetrable cybersecurity without sacrificing usability
Gain detailed visibility into all your endpoints activities
Harden applications and hardware environments
Immediate and continuous response to incidents
Close the window of time your data could be exposed
Get your Comodo solutions setup, deployed or optimized
Control access to malicious websites
Defend from any internet based threats
Stop email threats before it enters your inbox
Preserve and protect your sensitive data
Keep your website running fast and malware free
Add encryption to your websites
Automated certificate mgmt. platform
Secure private intranet environments
Digital signature solutions for cloud apps
Encrypt emails for senders and recipients
Stay compliant with PCI DSS
Trusted authentication for IoT devices
Francisco Partners a leading technology-focused private equity fund, has acquired a majority stake in Comodo’s certificate authority business. Newly renamed from Comodo CA Limited to Sectigo Limited. Privacy Policies, Trademarks, Patents and Terms & Conditions are available on Sectigo Limited’s web site.
Meet the people behind the direction for Comodo
Get the latest news about Comodo
People are the key to achievement and prosperity
Stay up to date with our on-demand webinars
Worldwide: Sales, Support and General Inquiries
Schedule a live demonstration of our solutions
Need immediate help? Call 1-888-551-1531
Instantly removes viruses to keep your PC virus free
Experience true mobile security on your mobile apple devices
Secure Internet Browser based on Chrome
Chrome browser internet security extension
Submit a ticket to our support team
Share any product bugs or security flaws
Collaborate with research experts on data sets
Valkyrie Threat Intelligence Plugins
Valkyrie Threat Intelligence APIs
There are a few rules associated with patch management which everyone implementing these tools should know to make the most of them. Rules which form the core of the patch management process, without which the whole process—no matter however meticulously planned—will eventually fail to safeguard your network against various security threats out there.
Here is a cheat sheet listing some of those patch management related rules which can go a long way in patching your network efficiently.
Your windows patch management will be successful only if…
1. You Know Your Network Well: First and foremost, you should know what your network contains, only then will you be able to address the problems. For this, you have to catalog or inventory your network’s devices using various asset discovery tools which are available in the market.
By doing so you’ll be killing two birds with one stone. That is, not only will you become aware of the defects of your network’s devices, but will also get a ‘rough estimate of how long it might take to fix or patch various computers in your network. This information will go a long way when it comes to critical patches which need to be implemented quickly.
2. You Realize Change Is The Only Constant: Nothing in this world remains constant. The same applies to computers as well. Taking into account the various security threats hitting the IT world, one can hardly expect a network infrastructure to remain the same over time. So enterprises have to understand this universal truth and should implement patch management tools which can seamlessly integrate as well as control such patching-related changes in your environment.
3. You Understand Every Device Has Different Requirements: There is no such thing as ‘one-patch-fits-all’ after the application of which you can rest in peace thinking your network will be safe forever. Ensuring your network contains the same devices and the same operating systems is easier said than done. In other words, practically impossible.
This is something you should bear in mind and select a patch management tool which can operate effectively in an IT environment which contains diverse devices.
4. You Understand Time Is Of The Essence: Security patches should be implemented as soon as they are released in the market. WannaCry ransomware served as the perfect example of what can happen if security patches are not implemented in a timely fashion.
Again this is easier said than done, because security patches are essentially changes to your environment. Incorporating such changes into your environment can be a tough task unless you have the right patch management tool in your hands.
5. Your Patch Management Tool Contains Automation Capabilities: Automation is key to successful patch management. Because patching involves many aspects, implementing or monitoring all of them manually is not humanly possible. Therefore while selecting your patch management tool, make sure they contain automation capabilities.
6. You Keep Things Simple: No matter how complex the technology you are dealing with, you should always remember this: keeping things simple is the key to getting your job done efficiently. This might seem like an unnecessary piece of advice, but most often than not we fail because we end up complicating things.
Therefore remember that patching, at the end of the day, is about keeping your systems up-to-date so that they remain secure against various evolving security threats and go about implementing your patch management strategy and tools accordingly.
Hope the information provided here proves useful to you when it comes to deploying your patch management strategy.
Tags: Patch Management,patch management software
Reading Time: 3 minutes The tried-and-tested practice in the IT service industry is keeping your systems updated – no matter what. It is important to have a patch management system specialized for your whole company and for your specific IT functions. Patch Management Definition Upgrades for software applications and systems that you have on your computers and network devices…
Reading Time: 3 minutes IT professionals understand the necessity of patches, even if it’s not one of their favorite things to do. However, if someone told you that there was an option that did almost everything for you, you’d probably be interested. A Windows patch management tool that will help you find and utilize patches to keep systems running…
Reading Time: 3 minutes Safeguarding the data environment is of prime importance to any enterprise. Breach of data can lead to loss of business strategies and secrets, loss of sensitive customer/client data, disruption of business, and loss of trust. The business may also have to face lawsuits. Cyber criminals try to infiltrate the enterprise network to steal data. They…
Sign up to our cyber security newsletter
Comodo Cybersecurity would like to keep in touch with you about cybersecurity issues, as well as products and services available. Please sign up to receive occasional communications. As a cybersecurity company, we take your privacy and security very seriously and have strong safeguards in place to protect your information.
See how your organization scores against cybersecurity threats
Advanced Endpoint Protection, Endpoint Detection and Response Built On Zero Trust Architecture available on our SaaS EPP