Comodo One. Configuring roles in ITSM
- How to assign/re-assign a role to the specific user
- How to create a new role with custom permissions
- How to create a new staff and change role
- How to customize permissions for a role
How to assign/re-assign a role to the specific user?
Step 1: Go to ITSM > Users > Role Management and click over any Role Name from the table. Example: Technician.
Step 2: Click ‘Assign Users’ tab
Step 3: Check if the ‘Action’ column of the table have the option to assign or remove for each user.
If there a button ‘Assign to Role’ then the role is yet to be assigned to the specific user
- Click the link Assign to Role to assign to the user and you can confirm the role is assigned if the link is changed as ‘Remove from Role’
If there a button Remove from Role then the role is yet to be removed to the specific user
- Click the link Remove from Role to remove the user from the role that you can confirm the role is removed if the link is changed as ‘Assign to Role’
How to create a new role with custom permissions?
Step 1: Go to ITSM ->’Users’ and click ‘Role Management’ menu.
Step 2: Go to ‘Roles’ tab.
Step 3: Click “Add Role” icon link.
Step 4: A create new role form appears.
1. Enter the name of the role in the name text field.
2. Give a description to the role.
3. Click ‘Create’ button.
Step 5: The created role will be listed.
Step 6: Click on the newly created role, to set the permissions.
Step 7: Click on “Role Permission ” tab and select the check boxes of the permissions to be assigned to the new role created and click save button at the top.
Step 8: Assign the user to the created role. Go to “ Assign Users” tab and click “Assign to Role” link
How to create a new staff and change role?
ITSM can have Global as well as Local users as mentioned below viz,
2. Additionally, Local user can be created within IT and Security Manager
1. Staff Management
Step 1: Click ‘Staff Management’ menu.
Step 2: Select ‘Staff’ and click ‘New Staff’. The “New Staff” dialog box appears and enter the following details,
1. Login username of the user.
2. Email id of the user.
3. Select a default role for the user from the list.
4. Click ‘Save’ and the staff will be added to the list.
Step 3: A Confirmation mail will be sent to the user’s mail id for the verification.
Step 4: Edit the staff to change the role of the existing user,
1. Click on the name of the staff and click edit.
2. Click the drop-down menu of the role and select the default role.
2. IT And Security Manager
Step 1: Go to ITSM.
Step 2: Go to ‘Users’ and then click ‘User List’ menu.
Step 3: Click ‘Create User’ button and ‘Create New User’ dialog box appears and fill the following details.
1. User Name – Enter the login user name for the user
2. Email – Enter the user’s mail id
3. Phone number – Enter the phone number
4. Company – Select the company from the drop-down
5. Assign Role – Select the roles from the assign role drop down
Step 4: Click ‘Submit’. The user will be added to the list and a confirmation mail will send to the user for account activation.
Note: The account activation mail will send to the users with the role such as Administrator, Technician, and custom role with administrative access.
Step 5: The staff that has been created will also be added to the users list of the ITSM.
Step 6: Go to ‘Users’ menu and click ‘Role Management’ to modify the role of the user.
Step 7: Click ‘Users’ tab.
Step 8: Click on the name of the user.
Step 9: Click the link,
1. “Assign to role” – To assign the role to the user.
2. “ Remove from role” – To reassign the role of the user.
How to customize permissions for a role?
Step 1: Go to ITSM ->Users and click ‘Role ‘Management’ menu.
Step 2: The default and custom roles will be listed.
Step 3: Click on the role you want to set the permissions.
Step 4: Click on “Role Permission ” tab.
Step 5: Select the check boxes of the permissions to be assigned to the role and click ‘Save’ button at the top.
Example: The Permission: “audit.compliance” has been selected to add to the role (refer below image)
Step 6: Deselect the check boxes of the permissions, if you want to be removed from the role and click the ‘Save’ button at the top.
Example: The Permission: “audit.push” has been deselected (refer below image)
Step 7: To assign the user to the created role. Click “Assign Users” tab.
Step 8: Customize the user assigned to role in two ways.
1. Click “Assign to Role ” to assign the role to that user
2. Click “Remove from Role “ to reassign the role from that user
TEST YOUR EMAIL SECURITY GET YOUR INSTANT SECURITY SCORECARD FOR FREE