Comodo One. Configuring profiles in ITSM
- How to make a profile as default
- How to reuse a default profile
- How to use a profile for all devices of the specific user
How to make a profile as default?
Step 1: Go to ITSM >’Configuration Templates’ > ‘Profiles’. You can view existing profiles under ‘Profiles’ tab.
Step 2: Click profile that you want to function as default profile.
Step 3: Click ‘Make Default’ button in the top.
Step 4: To check default profiles go to ITSM >’Configuration Templates’ > ‘Profiles’ > ‘Default Profiles’ . All default profiles are listed under ‘Default Profiles’ tab.
Step 5: Default profiles configured in ITSM will be automatically take effect in newly enrolled devices. Please go to ‘Devices’>’Device list’ > Select device > ‘Associated Profiles’ tab to see profiles associated with the device.
How to reuse a default profile?
Step 1: Go to ITSM ? Configuration Templates and click the ‘Profiles’ menu.
Step 2: Go to Default profile tab, Choose any of the available profile you would like to reuse.
Step 3: Click the ‘Clone Profile’ icon and fill out the pop-up form
1. Enter the name
2. Enter the description
3. Click the ‘Clone’ button
Step 4: Go to Profile tab, the created profile will be listed and click the profile link.
Step 5: Start Customizing the profile by Adding or Deleting or modifying the profile section.
1) To add a additional profile section, click the button “Add Profile section” select any of the section from the drop down.
Example: Select ‘Procedures’ from the profile section drop-down and the procedure section will be added to the profile by clicking ‘Save’ button.
2) To delete a profile section, go to the particular profile tab and click ‘Delete’ button at the right most side of the section.
3) To modify a profile section, go to the particular profile tab and click ‘Edit’ button at the right most corner and check or uncheck the boxes depend upon the functionality you need to apply.
Step 6: Save each profile section to apply changes.
How to use a profile for all devices of the specific user
In ITSM, for a user, one or more profiles can be applied. All the profiles are defined with different functionality for different OS. Assigning the profiles to user helps to manage all the device under that user regardless of the operating system.
Step 1: Go to ITSM -> ‘Users’ and click ‘User List’ menu.
Step 2: Select the checkbox of the user to which you want to set the profile(s) from the list and click “Manage profiles” button at the top.
Step 3: The profiles can be added or removed from the user,
- 1. To add a profile to a user, click the “Add Profiles” button and the profiles list will be displayed. Select the checkboxes of the profile(s) and click ‘Save’ and the profile will be added.
- 2. To Remove a Profile from User – In the Manage Profiles page of the respective user, the list of added profiles will be displayed. Select the checkbox of the profiles and click “Remove Profiles” button. Thus selected profiles will be removed.
Step 4: Thus the profiles will be added to the user. Managing and maintaining the tasks of the devices under the specific user will become easy by applying profiles and it saves the time of the user.
TEST YOUR EMAIL SECURITY GET YOUR INSTANT SECURITY SCORECARD FOR FREE